When you’re self-conscious about your teeth, it impacts every part of your life; nevertheless, professional teeth whitening is an alternative for those who want sparkling whites. If you’re on the fence about getting treatment, keep reading to learn about the benefits of professional teeth whitening. This blog contains information supplied by our dentists at Westhill Dental.
Causes Of Tooth Discoloration
There are various reasons why your teeth may get discolored; nonetheless, there are two forms of discoloration. Teeth stains are not the same, and if you’ve done everything at home to whiten your teeth, you may need professional help. Your Greenville dentist can treat two different types of tooth discoloration:
Intrinsic discoloration occurs on the inner of the tooth. Discoloration can be caused by infection, aging, medicine, childhood illness, or dental trauma. If these diseases have completely discolored your teeth, professional teeth whitening in Greenville, WI, is the only way to brighten them.
Drinks or smoking can induce extrinsic discoloration, and liquids like red wine, tea, or coffee can yellow your teeth. Furthermore, smoking causes your teeth to darken and turn brownish. These stains are found outside your teeth and are pretty easy to remove.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
Before starting treatment, your dentist in Greenville will assess the current color of your teeth. Plaque and other particles are then removed from the surface of your teeth, which are subsequently polished. The dentist will then apply a whitening solution to the teeth’s character, which often contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Many whitening products use a laser or light to activate the peroxide. The solution should be placed on your teeth for 30 minutes to an hour for the best results with the light or laser. After that interval, your teeth will be cleaned, and fluoride may be applied to reduce sensitivity. Additional consultations with your Greenville dentist may be necessary until you attain the appropriate color.
What Are The Advantages Of Teeth Whitening?
Your dentist in Greenville has highlighted a few of the benefits of this surgery below.
- Professional teeth whitening has the advantage of being dependable. Dentists, after all, are experts in the field of teeth and know exactly what to do. On the other hand, a home whitening remedy will not achieve the same results.
- You never know what you’ll get when buying teeth whitening kits at a store or whether the product is safe for your teeth. In-office teeth whitening is more dependable, and you can rest assured your teeth are in good hands; this is why you should have your teeth whitened by a professional. You must not risk further damage to your smile due to substandard merchandise.
- A new smile can make a huge difference in your self-esteem. Because your teeth are attractive, you will no longer feel self-conscious about them. You’ll have to live with the discoloration until you get them whitened because it’s impossible to hide your teeth.
- Teeth whitening in our Greenville office is the assurance that you will be pleased with the results. Unlike home whitening, professional teeth whitening can transform your smile in an hour. You won’t have to wait weeks to see the difference in your teeth. You get what you pay for.
- Whitening your teeth improves your appearance by changing your style! A new smile can completely change your look. It can make you appear younger and reduce wrinkles.
We hope this blog has helped you to learn more about teeth whitening. Book an appointment with us at Westhill Dental for the best teeth whitening procedures in Greenville, WI.