Imagine you have misaligned and crooked teeth- forget about appearance; teeth grinding has ruined your eating pattern largely. In such situations, it becomes imperative to deal with teeth misalignment, thanks to teeth straightening. With good teeth straightening procedures, you will be able to restore your facial appearance and improve your oral health naturally. Here’s everything you need to know about teeth straightening options in Greenville.
Why Do You Need Teeth Straightening?
Teeth straightening is considered the best option, especially if you have a misaligned jaw. Because a misaligned jaw leads to clenching and teeth grinding. Putting excessive pressure on your teeth because of grinding ultimately leads to neck and ear pain. If left untreated, it leads to TMJ pain that eventually requires surgical treatment. Before things get worse, most dentists recommend teeth straightening options for aligning your teeth like a pro. Not only does teeth straightening improve your facial appearance, but it also restores oral hygiene.
What Causes Teeth Misalignment In Adults?
Malocclusion of teeth misalignment can occur because of varied reasons. The following is a list of possible reasons behind teeth misalignment:
- Genetics is a major cause of malocclusion. Problems such as overcrowded teeth or jaw shape are influenced mainly by genetic traits.
- Poor oral hygiene is another impending cause of teeth misalignment. If left untreated, you can even get gum disease that causes teeth to shift or even fall out, affecting the alignment of your teeth.
- Some childhood habits also affect the alignment of teeth. Habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting cause malocclusion in the future. If you press your tongue on your teeth, it’s called tongue thrusting, which often creates pressure on the teeth in the wrong way, leading to crooked teeth.
- Any physical injury or accident often leads to teeth misalignment largely.
Teeth Straightening Options
Clear Aligners Like Invisalign
Clear aligners are one of the most popular options for teeth whitening for adults. Clear aligners like Invisalign are custom-made and made using digital impressions of your teeth. The fitting of this dental appliance is so precise that it leads to faster teeth straightening. You must wear clear aligners for 22 hours daily and see the results yourself. Usually, after every 2-3 weeks, you need to get a new set of aligners to get better results.
Metal And Ceramic Braces
Traditional metal braces are by far the oldest form of teeth whitening option. Braces typically comprise metal wires and brackets that your dentist attaches to your teeth. The elastics in braces tend to secure the brackets to your teeth, and the wires apply pressure on your teeth for proper alignment. The primary responsibility of your orthodontist throughout the braces treatment is to adjust these wires to guide the alignment process. Although braces are most effective in aligning your teeth since it alters your facial appearance, most people prefer Invisalign for aligning their crooked teeth. Braces can be either metal or ceramic, which is dependent on the condition of your teeth. Ceramic braces come with brackets made of tooth-colored ceramic materials. It easily blends with your teeth, but you still need extra care to keep them free of plaque.
Teeth Straightening Surgery
In some cases, even teeth alignment dental appliances don’t work. In such situations, a tooth straightening surgery becomes imperative. It’s also known as jaw surgery, where a surgeon will operate on your jaw to repair the teeth misalignment. This definite procedure effectively fixes major functional problems instead of cosmetic ones. The healing process of teeth straightening surgery is over six weeks, and you will need to wear braces after surgery.
Benefits Of Teeth Straightening
- With teeth straightening, cleaning your teeth becomes very easy. It’s because crooked and overcrowded teeth are challenging to clean as they create hidden pockets that your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Misaligned teeth alter your facial appearance, which lowers your self-esteem. But with the perfect teeth straightening option in Greenville, you can restore your oral health and self-esteem at the same time.
- Your chewing and biting pattern change largely due to misaligned teeth. With teeth straightening options like Invisalign clear aligners, you can reform your biting pattern effectively.
The Final Verdict
Having crooked teeth makes people depressed and lowers their self-confidence because of altered facial appearance. Don’t let misaligned teeth stop you from smiling. Get teeth straightening options best suited for you and see excellent results for yourself. Schedule an appointment with your dentist and opt for teeth straightening to restore that perfect smile you always deserved.