What Is Teeth Contouring?
Do you want to achieve the ideal smile you’ve always desired? Fortunately, there is a myriad of reasonable alternatives that are meant to painlessly fix any problems you may have with your teeth. Teeth Contouring or teeth reshaping is an example of such a technique. But what does it mean exactly? It can be defined as the procedure of reshaping our teeth in order to remove any defects. This is a generally painless and quick treatment that can efficiently repair minor issues such as tooth length, location, and shape.
Although most dentists are capable of doing this operation, you should seek out a professional cosmetic dentist who specializes in it if you truly want the best results. Dental contouring can be used to address a wide range of issues. Therefore, you will need to check with them to determine if you’re a candidate, before choosing this treatment.
How It Is Done?
Tooth reshaping, also known as tooth contouring is a very straightforward and quick procedure. The procedure of this treatment is outlined below:
- Firstly, a dental X-ray will be obtained before tooth contouring to assess the size and location of the pulp and to assure the tooth’s health.
- Secondly, your enamel will also be examined by your dentist. If your enamel is fragile or thin, your dentist will most likely offer dental veneers as an alternative.
- Thirdly, the dentist will use a pen to label the tooth, highlighting the regions that need to be sculpted. A diamond bur is used to remove a small amount of enamel and erase or decrease the tooth’s flaws.
- Fourthly, your teeth will be trimmed or shortened, and uneven teeth will be shaped and smoothed by your dentist. This can help with your alignment and bite issues.
- Fifthly, your dentist can blend tooth contouring with bonding if you have a chipped tooth or gaps between your teeth.
Lastly, if the reshaping is done alone, without the addition of another cosmetic operation, no additional care or follow-up is required until an issue emerges.
Is This Treatment Option Suitable For You?
Teeth reshaping or tooth contouring can be the ideal treatment option for you if you need to correct the following issues:
- Having teeth that are uneven or misaligned.
- Having the disorder of teeth grinding or Bruxism.
- Teeth that are too misaligned make cleaning between your teeth difficult.
- Cosmetic issues related to your teeth.
- Suffering from a damaged or chipped tooth.
Finally, we hope our blog has helped you to understand whether teeth contouring is the right choice for you. If you need the best cosmetic dentistry services in Greenville, WI, then please contact Westhill Dental. Our team of dentists is capable of solving all your cosmetic problems related to your mouth.